After creating an Expo CLI account the error keeps happening

Error: Request failed with status code 500
at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)
at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)
at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:237:11)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:327:22)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1221:12)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21)

Expo Diagnostics:

Expo CLI 3.21.13 environment info:
System:
Shell: 5.7.1 - /bin/zsh
Binaries:
Node: 12.18.0 - /usr/local/bin/node
npm: 6.14.5 - /usr/local/bin/npm
IDEs:
Xcode: /undefined - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: ~36.0.0 => 36.0.2
react: ~16.9.0 => 16.9.0
react-dom: ~16.9.0 => 16.9.0
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-36.0.0.tar.gz => 0.61.4
react-navigation: ^4.1.0 => 4.3.9
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.21.13

Any explanation for this?

Hey @diegoleone96,

When you say the error keeps happening, do you mean running any expo command results in a 500 error? If so, can you run expo whoami and see what is printed out?

Cheers,
Adam

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the reply. I actually figured that I was logged-in in the metro bundler and I wasn’t on my iPhone. It worked after I logged out from the metro bundler.

One question though. If I log in from both my iPhone app and the metro bundler during running time, I should be able to run the app and also save it as an expo project? I’m afraid of trying and running into a problem again…

Sincerely,
Diego Leone

Hey Diego,

Glad you got things figured out. I’m not exactly sure I follow what you mean but if you are logged in via the CLI and your device, you should have no issues running a project. (that stem from account auth that is). Could you elaborate on what you mean by “save it as an Expo project”?

Cheers,
Adam

Hi Adam,

I meant saving it as a project on the Expo account so when I am offline I can look at it. Sorry if the terms I use are wrong, I am new to this development environment.

Sincerely,
Diego Leone

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.