After upgrade to iOS13 and SDK 35, app crashing on reload, but initial load is fine.

Hi All,
I could use some help (read: I’ve been banging my head for a few days on this).

I’ve got a fairly large app (primarily targeting iOS). After Apple pushed out xCode 11 this week, I had to upgrade Expo from 33 → 35.

The upgrade itself appears to have been fine… BUT, when I’m using the expo-cli to run the iOS simulator… the app will load fine initially but every time I reload it crashes.

To make matters worse, I get no error message of any sort. The entire Expo app just shuts down.

Is anyone else experiencing this and/or have any suggestion on how I might debug the problem?

Thanks!

1 Like

Same here. In our case, it is Android that does not allow the app to make use of a RefreshControl component, within a ListView, ScrollView or FlatList.

We will have to downgrade the expo version to the 34th, even if that means stop supporting iOS dark color themes.

Hope to see some fixes. :neutral_face:

I upgraded too and mine says this when I try to run my app on ios simulator:

Error installing or running app. SyntaxError: Unexpected token I in JSON at position 0

I found someone saying that if you type JSON.parse(undefined) you get the following error:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0 at JSON.parse (<anonymous>) at <anonymous>:1:6

I assume there is some JSON file that starts with “I” that cant be found. but none of my files start with that, so I dont know.