"Allow *MyAppName* To Access" in settings doesn't show "Location" permission on iOS v31

Hi all,
In a production environment, I don’t see the location permission as listed in the list of permissions a user can give my app in Settings > MyAppName. I’ve also looked in Settings > Privacy > Location Services(on) > and fail to see the app here as well.

My environment is Expo sdk v31 running on iOS 12.1.2. This issue popped up after upgrading from v27 to v31.

In my app.json I tried following the instructions I found here. I’ve requested permissions like so.

{
  "expo": {
    "ios": {
      "infoPlist": {
        "NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription": "We need to access your current Location so we can help you find fun places.",
        "NSLocationAlwaysAndWhenInUseUsageDescription": "We need to access your current Location so we can help you find fun places.",
        "NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription": "We need to access your current Location so we can help you find fun places.",
      }
    },
  }
}

Here are two screen shots to be more illustrative. The Expo client app has “Location” listed as one of the permissions a user can grant access. Whereas on my app, the “Location” permission isn’t there.

Lastly, when I uninstall the app and reinstall, I don’t receive a request to grant location permissions immediately upon opening the app. This behavior is as opposed to the app’s behavior when I was running v27(the app would immediately request permissions on the first time open after install.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.