Android Expo client: AuthSession fails to redirect back to app after successful auth

Expo CLI 2.18.7 environment info:
System:
Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
Node: 10.12.0 - /usr/local/bin/node
npm: 6.9.0 - ~/.npm-packages/bin/npm
Watchman: 4.9.0 - /usr/local/bin/watchman
npmPackages:
expo: ^32.0.0 => 32.0.5
react: 16.5.0 => 16.5.0
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz => 0.57.1
react-navigation: ^2.18.2 => 2.18.3
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 2.18.7

Expo Android Client Version: 2.11.0

Android Info:
Device - LG G7
Android version - 8.0.0

I’m trying to authenticate via AuthSession:

const authUrl = `${authBaseUrl}&client_id=${appId}${scopeString}&state=${authState}&redirect_uri=${encodeURIComponent(
    AuthSession.getRedirectUrl()
)}`
const result = await AuthSession.startAsync({
    authUrl
});

I can auth successfully in the iOS Expo client, iOS standalone and Android standalone.
When loading my app in the Android expo client, I can auth on the 3rd party site (Twitter, Facebook or Linkedin), but then it tries to redirect to Sign-in Complete[code token]g&state=[state token] and the Expo client crashes before it makes it back into my app. I can’t log anything from my app because the crash is happening in the Expo client during auth before it redirects back into my app. Any suggestions on how to debug this or what might be causing this issue?

1 Like

Yep some of us are seeing the same, created a post a couple of days about it: Latest Expo client crashes when trying to google sign in - #4 by ide

It happened as soon as I updated to android client 2.11.0. It was literally fine 2 hours before that.

1 Like

I was able to find an apk for 2.11.1 and I’m still having the issue.

UPDATE: I Googled and found an apk mirror of Expo Client 2.10.6 and confirmed that AuthSession redirects successfully and I can log in fine on Expo Client 2.10.6.

The issue is happening in Expo Client for android versions 2.11.0 and 2.11.1

Hi everyone,

I think this was fixed (see this post), but it may be a different issue. Can you let me know if you still get this issue on the newest Android client?

Yea it’s fixed. Thanks!

1 Like