Android & iOS Apps updates without publishing to store

Hello,

I have a serious problem at the moment. Few days ago I run expo build:android & expo build:ios command in my terminal. The .APK and .IPA is still on my computer, and I have not uploaded it to playstore & appstore.

But suddenly, every apps user got the feature from the latest build that I haven’t even submitted yet to the store. I know Expo supports OTA, but I haven’t even set it up yet. And normally I build the app and submitted it to play/app store manually.

Can you explain why this happens? Thank you

More information about package.json:
“expo”: “^32.0.0”,
“react”: “16.5.0”,
“react-native”: “https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-32.0.0.tar.gz”,

you don’t have to set it up to work - it is set up out of the box. any time you run expo publish or expo build (without --no-publish flag) it will create a new release and any binary that is compatible with the release will fetch it on startup by default. if you would like to roll back to a previous release you can do so as described here.

1 Like

Thanks for the perfect explanation! I had no idea that you can updated it without creating new releases at play/appstore. Cheers to fast response.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.