App crashes after launch on release (java.lang.RuntimeException: NativeModuleDepsProvider could not find object for class class host.exp.exponent.f)

Hi!

I’m facing a big problem, already followed all suggestion here in forum and github issues.

When I run the app in debug mode (emulator) all happens great, but in release mode, the app crashes.

Here’s the logcat:

2020-04-14 16:50:32.466 26456-26456/app.kovver.play E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    Process: app.kovver.play, PID: 26456
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create application host.exp.exponent.MainApplication: java.lang.RuntimeException: NativeModuleDepsProvider could not find object for class class host.exp.exponent.f
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:5794)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap1(Unknown Source:0)
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1661)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:105)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6541)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Zygote.java:240)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:767)
     Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: NativeModuleDepsProvider could not find object for class class host.exp.exponent.f
        at host.exp.exponent.l.a.a(NativeModuleDepsProvider.java:12)
        at host.exp.exponent.l.a.b(NativeModuleDepsProvider.java:2)
        at f.a.a.b.<init>(Exponent.java:9)
        at f.a.a.b.a(Exponent.java:4)
        at host.exp.exponent.d.onCreate(ExpoApplication.java:10)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.callApplicationOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1118)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:5791)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap1(Unknown Source:0) 
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1661) 
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:105) 
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164) 
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6541) 
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) 
        at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Zygote.java:240) 
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:767) 

Good to know…
I’m using custom release-channels, until this version I had some different release-channel and now, I needed to publish a new one, because of some new SDK implemented.

I supposed that, the problem could be this new SDK I’ve implemented, and generated a release apk with the older version (without sdk) and now, no mater what version from git I build, all them crashes on release.

• Yes, I had published to the new release channel;
  • I tried rollback release channels;
  • If I build a release version of the Play Store published apk, it crashes on release too;
  • All the times, the error is the same (shown above);
  • As I said, had tried all suggestion from github, stackoverflow and expo forum;

Tks!

hello! we need more information than this. please post on Issues · expo/expo · GitHub and fill out the issue template as much as you can. if you cannot provide a reproducible example or share more information specifically about your project publicly, please share at least the username/slug of the project, preferably also the source to secure@expo.io and share a link to your issue