App Forever Shared?

Hi everyone. I’m using the Windows Desktop Expo XDE, and when I was just testing out Expo to see what it was about, I noticed there was a “Share” option that lets me type in an email address. While it did indeed share the project to the email, it seems now any new project I ever create or publish, is also being shared to that email.

I’ve logged into my expo account online and I can’t find anywhere where I could remove that email address from receiving every single update/new app I create. Does anyone know how to stop sharing everything with that email address?

This is a little bit of a confusing interface. We are rolling out a new version soon!

But in the meantime, you can get rid of a value here by going into $HOME/.expo/state.json and changing the value of "sendTo" from your e-mail address to "".

It might also be less complicated to just put in do-not-reply@expo.io to the e-mail address field through the interface.

Sorry this is confusing!

Hey thanks for the reply! In no way did I mean to sound unappreciative, I’ve been absolutely loving using Expo so far, you guys are doing a fantastic job.

Sorry I’m not quite sure how to go into “$HOME/.expo/state.json”, I’m on Windows, maybe those directions are for Mac?

Not sure I understood the less complicated bit… Are you saying I need to add that email address? Does it replace the current email address?.. and if so, does that mean there is only 1 email address you can use at a time?

Thanks again!

$HOME just meant your home directory, wherever that is.

To do the easier method, I was just saying, put in an email address that won’t go to you in the field, replacing your own email address. I suggested do-not-reply@expo.io. If you share to that address, then it shouldn’t share things to your own email address anymore. Does that make sense?

Got it! Thanks Charlie

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.