App removed from Play Store due to a policy violation

I’ve just received this email:

Hi developers at XX,
After review, MyApp, MyApp.id, has been removed from Google Play due to a policy violation. This app won’t be available to users until you submit a compliant update.
Issue: Violation of Usage of Android Advertising ID policy and section 4.8 of the Developer Distribution Agreement
[…]

I do not collect ANY information. The only information I store is the preferred language the user can set inside the app. So currently I don’t have a privacy policy.

How can I fix it?

I see there is another thread for this, but I do not use branch.io

Hey @alfredopacino,

This is covered here: https://docs.expo.io/versions/v32.0.0/distribution/app-stores/#privacy-policy I think if you just add a standard Privacy Policy, you should be good.

Though I would also suggest re-building your app as described here App removed from Google Play due to policy violation with Branch - #19 by jess to prevent encountering the same issue with your app.

Cheers,
Adam

Do you think this auto generated policy would be engouh?

Yeah, that should suffice.

My app was removed too. Even though it already had a privacy policy. However, the privacy policy is only available once you log in into the app, that isn’t an issue right?

@alego You also need to have the privacy policy in the description of your app in the app store. Do you have it there as well?

Hi All,

Yesterday my app is rejected from playstore and received a mail and mentioned issue as below,

Issue: Violation of Personal and Sensitive Information policy

I am just using camera and storage. Using Expo sdkVersion:32.0.0. What need to be done for this issue? Please give me a solution to publish the app again in playstore.

Hey @designqube,

Please create a new topic and provide as much information as you can. Ideally the entirety of the rejection/removal notice from Google. Also, please refrain from posting in multiple places with the same question. It just increases noise and won’t help you receive support any quicker.

Cheers,
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.