The app is build using SDK 28 and it uses a redux store. On iOS it runs smoothly, on both the simulator and an iPhone 7 plus. On Android, everything is extremely laggy, unusable. As soon as an action is dispatched to reducers, 8 - 10 seconds pass before it re-renders the components. If no redux action is involved, than it runs more or less smoothly (not as smooth as on iOS though). These are the fixes I’ve tried:
- upgrade all packages
- switch from storing navigation (react-navigation) state from redux to built-in store
- switched from redux-thunk to redux-saga
- standalone apk has the same behavior as Expo client
- production mode has the same behavior
- tested on Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 5X, Android Simulator API 23 & 26, it’s all the same (slightly improved on Android simulator)
I’ll try detaching, but that isn’t something I want to do on the long run, just to test. Does anybody encountered such issues with Expo?