Apple have stopped allowing empty arrays in provisioning profiles

Looks like Apple have made a change their end to stop allowing empty arrays in the provisioning keys.

Building for IOS via expo now fails when delivered via transporter with the following error:

ERROR ITMS-90164: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones that are contained in the provisioning profile. According to the provisioning profile, the bundle contains a key value that is not allowed: '[ ]' for the key 'com.apple.developer.icloud-container-identifiers' in 'Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/***'."

Currently no new builds can be submitted to the App store!

Here’s a topic on the Apple forums suggesting keys be deleted: App Store Distribution fails on va… | Apple Developer Forums

Here’s my expo diagnostics output:

Expo CLI 4.0.17 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
    Binaries:
      Node: 12.16.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.16.0/bin/node
      Yarn: 1.22.0 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
      npm: 6.13.4 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v12.16.0/bin/npm
    SDKs:
      iOS SDK:
        Platforms: iOS 14.0, DriverKit 19.0, macOS 10.15, tvOS 14.0, watchOS 7.0
    IDEs:
      Xcode: 12.0.1/12A7300 - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
    npmPackages:
      expo: ^40.0.0 => 40.0.0 
      react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1 
      react-dom: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1 
      react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-40.0.1.tar.gz => 0.63.2 
      react-native-web: ~0.13.12 => 0.13.18 
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 4.0.17
    Expo Workflow: managed

Hoping there’s a quick way to get this app back into submission!

hi! just wanted to say we’re aware of this and investigating, see here- Entitlements can no longer have empty arrays · Issue #11631 · expo/expo · GitHub

1 Like

solved- Entitlements can no longer have empty arrays · Issue #11631 · expo/expo · GitHub

check your App ID in the developer portal, you probably have the icloud item checked but don’t have any containers configured:

1 Like

Thank you @charliecruzan and @configur , though I found this issue days ago.

I just found that the push key have not been affect yet. I still use a empty push key to enable push notification, which still works.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.