Application freezing when reloaded / refreshed

We’ve been using Expo for awhile now and usually don’t have any problems with it. However we’ve noticed that as the project gets larger and larger the amount of times that the application will randomly crash during reload increases what seems to be linearly.

Sometimes it will refresh just fine, and then sometimes it will just not load and stick on a white screen.

I’m sure people have applications that are larger than mine on Expo, as I’m only around 10,000 lines of code. (Excluding node_modules). Here’s a list of dependencies that I’m using:

"axios": "^0.17.1",
    "deep-assign": "^2.0.0",
    "deep-equal": "^1.0.1",
    "expo": "^25.0.0",
    "firebase": "^4.9.1",
    "moment": "^2.20.1",
    "native-base": "^2.3.9",
    "react": "16.2.0",
    "react-native": "https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-25.0.0.tar.gz",
    "react-native-datepicker": "^1.6.0",
    "react-native-global-props": "^1.1.3",
    "react-native-image-zoom-viewer": "^2.0.20",
    "react-native-picker-scrollview": "^0.1.0",
    "react-native-router-flux": "^4.0.0-beta.27",
    "react-native-scalesheet": "^1.0.2",
    "react-native-sortable-grid": "^2.0.0",
    "react-proptypes": "^1.0.0",
    "react-redux": "^5.0.6",
    "redux": "^3.7.2",
    "tinycolor2": "^1.4.1",
    "validator": "^9.4.1"

Firebase is setup properly to allow for reloading and reusing the correct application instance, and when the application freezes there’s usually no error. The entire Expo application just locks up and I have to close it and re-open it in order to reload the application. It’s gotten to the point that instead of reloading, I just close the app and use XDE to launch it again on my emulator.

When the application is running, everything is great, but the amount of time that goes between each update is ALMOST as ridiculous as native. (Just not quite).

Has anyone run into this before? What can I do to resolve it.

Like I said, it wasn’t started at any one point, I just gradually notice it increasing (With every expo app I’ve ever done) with the size of the project.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.