Asking for permissions again when denied the first time

Hey all, hope you’re doing great.

Small issue I’m running into; I am asking for contact permissions after a button press, but when the user denies, and then presses the button again, the prompt does no longer appear. I guess it has something to do with the expiration of a permission being ‘never’, even when it is denied.

Has anyone run into this problem before and managed to find a way around this? Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Hello @mkennis, this is just how iOS deals with permissions. The only way to grant the permission after rejecting it in the first place is going to app settings and toggling the permission manually.

@aalices That makes sense then, thanks for clearing that up! Do you know if there’s a way to link to a specific settings screen from the app, or would I just show a prompt and let the user navigate to the corresponding settings themselves?

1 Like

I think Linking.openURL('app-settings:') should work on iOS (import Linking from Expo or straight from RN).

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.