Associated domain is always wildcard

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 35
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS

I’m trying to implement Universal Links but it’s not working. I have the apple-app-site-association file served correctly (I checked with the validator, and the values match), but the problem I think is in how I’m building my IPA.

I have in my app.json under expo.ios.associatedDomains ["applinks:mydomain.com", "applinks:www.mydomain.com"],
I built using expo bi --clear-provisioning-profile --release-channel production .
After doing that, I uploaded to Testflight using expo ui but universal links are not working.

I unzipped the generated IPA and found the following:
Running codesign -d --entitlements :- "Payload/ExpoKitApp.app" returns a section

<key>com.apple.developer.associated-domains</key>
	<array>
		<string>applinks:mydomain.com</string>
		<string>applinks:www.mydomain.com</string>
	</array>

which is what I expect.

Running security cms -D -i "Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/embedded.mobileprovision" returns under the Entitlements tag:

<string>*</string>

which I suspect is the problem. I have no idea how to change that or if it even is the actual problem, does anyone have any clue on how to fix this?

Thanks!!

How long ago did you build your IPA? There was a problem a few days ago causing this sort of thing when building IPAs, but it should be fixed now:

Thanks for answering! I did follow that one and got that error before. The error didn’t show up this time though. Also the fix was uploaded on friday or saturday I think and I built the IPA and uploaded it yesterday :confused:

Hey @charliecruzan is this possibly related to this issue from a few days ago?

@charliecruzan Sorry to bother, just @ ing you in case it is in fact related, do you think it might be?

@charliecruzan Still having this issue. Is there any way to make universal links work on iOS with expo? I feel like it should be possible, but I can’t find a way and the only other option I see is to eject, which I don’t want to do :frowning:

Can you try building again after doing this?

I did that. Same thing. I did not have a buildNumber before, but I added one and had no difference.

Note that I can still build successfully, I don’t get the error described on the other post, I just can’t get universal links to work and always get the wildcard think in the associated domains entitlement:

<string>*</string>

hey there! have you checked this for your app identifier in the apple developer web ui?

once you do that, run expo build:ios -c

we should include instructions for how to set up universal links in a guide in the docs cc @charliecruzan @adamjnav

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.