Blurrly splash screen

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 37
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): Android

My splash screen on android is blurry once i build for prod. In dev its fine. In ios also its fine.

This is my app.json:

"splash": {
  "image": "./assets/splash.png",
  "resizeMode": "contain",
  "backgroundColor": "#ffffff"
},

And my image is 1024px by 1024px

Anyone have any ideas?

How can I use resizeMode “native” i dont understand that one.

1 Like

Same issue here.

Same situation here are screenshots. In production we see this blurriness in first image here. In dev, we see the very clear image shown in 2nd shot.

Same issue. I tried different things: I resized the splash image, I tried different modes (native, cover). But nothing worked.

1 Like

I’m still stuck on this too :frowning:

If anyone has any ideas that would be awesome.

I solved that by using image with having height >> width. That mean it is like fit to the screen as it is.

1 Like

Oh that’s interesting how that fixed it. My image is actually already taller than it is wide. It’s width is 432px and its height is 606px. What dimensions would you recommend I try out?

I didnt tried spcific one. But my one was 1587 x 2245.and that solved!
Try it !

Thank you! I will try it in next prod release and let you know how it goes!

Did you have a way to test the blurriness without doing a prod release? It would be nice for me to see this in dev if i can get prod env settings. Rather then release and then see and try to fix in next release.

I have the same issue and having height >> width does not work for me ?

Does anyone has an idea ?

I ended up using for android ‘native’ and it centered my icon rather then stretched it. Which is cool. I hope to match this on ios though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.