Breakpoints ignored for Expo app

Please provide the following:

SDK Version: “expo”: “~37.0.3”,
Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): ios, "react": "~16.9.0", "react-native": "0.61.4"

Hi all. I’m new to using expo. I’m setting breakpoints in chrome devtools, but the debugger isn’t hitting them. I followed the expo doc, searched this forum, asked on Discord, and searched stackoverflow with no luck. This usually means that I’m not doing something right if no one else has this issue.

In RN debugger, I tab to Sources, open a file, set a breakpoint on a function (trying to stop at the app entry point for example), launch the app, and wait for the execution to reach that point. Each time, the breakpoint is ignored.

A respondent on Discord who tried to replicate my issue said,

I see debug logs from the app, I see it downloaded 100% of the bundle, but then just the empty rounded square. Definitely some inconsistencies around Expo that I’ve noticed. Ok. Had to kill the mobile app completely.

This is the same process I use successfully for non-expo-based app debugging. Am I missing something?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.