Build error: Not allowed to perform this operation

Today, I tried to build my iOS several times and received the same error message, even though I selected the option to allow Expo to handle everything.

It was telling me that I do not have permission to perform the build, but my Apple ID is valid, and I talked to my Team Leader to make sure I had the proper privileges. We even tried to use his account, but again, the same error.

Error while gathering & validating credentials
[exp] Reason:You are not allowed to perform this operation. Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support. You are not allowed to perform this operation. Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support.

I tried to run the command with sudo, and I also tried exp build:ios -c. Again, same error, repeatedly.

Any help will be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi,

Please try running with EXPO_DEBUG=true as environment variable. and try again with latest exp.

(also, I would recommend you not use sudo unnecessarily).

@mattr I think you had an case where you needed to make an enterprise cert, latest exp exposes this as an option for you when it creates certs for you.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.