Build for iOS suddenly prompting for credentials

There are some transient keychain failures for just the iOS builds that can happen when you’re not using the --local-auth flag with exp (we’re looking to make this flag the default in the near future and eventually the only option).

Changing the Expo account will change the experience ID from @oldaccount/project to @newaccount/project. However (this is an implementation detail in January 2018 and may change whenever) if you keep your Android app ID the same (on the Google side, nothing to do with Expo) and similar for iOS/Apple, the old Expo push tokens will continue to work.

This said, Expo servers will reject requests to send notifications to more than one app so you need to keep the old and new Expo push tokens separate and send messages to them in separate requests.

@roblingle sorry about any confusion, we actually run local auth by default now. What’s your build ID and i’ll look at the system logs for the codesigning error?

@dikaiosune I’m good to go now. I moved the project to a new account, re-provisioned iOS certs and imported Android certs. Went smoothly.

Do we know what can cause the system to lose iOS certificates?

After I re-imported my older iOS certs, my iOS build failed. There were no details in the build log and I don’t have the build ID unless it’s in the logs I pasted above.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.