Build:ios - cant authenticate with Apple Developer Portal

Hi!

I’m trying to build my app for iOS using expo-cli 2.7.2-alpha.1. And after i enter my apple ID and password, i’m receiving Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed!
I can log in to developer.apple.com with the same credentials. This is an agent account, so on membership screen there is

• Entity Type - Company / Organization
  • Your Role - Agent

There is also a certificate in Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles → iOS → Development

What could possibly cause this?

I used expo-cli 2.4.0 before and there also was an error, but even with debug on it showed [object Object], so i cant tell is it the same case.

Hey @ilior,

It looks like we accidentally released an alpha tag. Can you try running yarn global add expo-cli or npm if you use that, and attempt to build with expo-cli version 2.7.1?

Cheers,
Adam

1 Like

Hi Adam

Unfortunately, rolling back to 2.7.1 has no effect.
Is it possible to start build from expo website or any other means besides expo-cli?

It seems to be issue with my PC. I tried building from exact same files, including node_modules, on another PC with newly installed ubuntu and expo-cli and it works fine

May be it is related to DNS? What adress do expo-cli use to authenticate with Apple?

I’m currently having the same issue with the latest expo-cli

1 Like

Same issue here:

× Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed!
[09:28:49] Process exited with non-zero code: 2
[09:28:49] Error: Process exited with non-zero code: 2

at ChildProcess.child.on (C:\Users*\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules@expo\spawn-async\build\spawnAsync.js:39:21)
at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)
at ChildProcess.cp.emit (C:\Users*
\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\expo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:40:29)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:925:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:209:5)

Same issue here,
“expo-cli”: “^2.10.1”,

tried the expo build:ios and got this errror

Trying to authenticate with Apple Developer Portal…?[2K?[1G?[?25h?[31m×?[39m Authentication with Apple Developer Portal failed!
?[31m[20:37:11]?[39m ?[31mProcess exited with non-zero code: 127?[39m
?[31m[20:37:11]?[39m ?[31m?[90mSet EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.?[31m?[39m

Anyone from the expo team can check on this? Are we only 5 persons on planet earth are having this issue?

1 Like

Hi

I see @timezoom that you are on windows, @iamrommel what about you? Is this first time you used build:ios command or it stopped working at some point? Did you followed all windows specific instruction in the documentation?

https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/distribution/building-standalone-apps/

Windows users must have WSL enabled. We recommend picking Ubuntu from the Windows Store. Be sure to Launch Ubuntu at least once. After that, use an Admin powershell to run: Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux

Can you check if in your global node_modules there is package @expo/traveling-fastlane-linux?

2 Likes

As an update to my situation: after i successfully logged in and built IPA on another PC, expo build:ios is working fine on initial PC, without asking for Apple ID anymore

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.