Building react native from source for non-ejected apps

Hi,

I am trying to build react native from source by trying to follow the instructions given in:

https://facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/building-from-source

However, this method requires the android folder of the app to be exposed (which is not the case for non-ejected apps). I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction if this can be done. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Why would you want to do it?

There is a bug in FlatList which reverses scroll direction for inverted FlatLists when the fling gesture is used in Android Pie devices. The fix is to change some code in ReactAndroid (in react-native module). However, in order for the changes to take effect, we need to build react-native from source.

The PR for this issue has been accepted by the react-native team; however, this feature wasn’t able to make it into the latest release (0.57.5). I suspect even after it comes out, I will not be able to use it until potentially a new update of your react-native fork comes out. So, I was going to try and fix this issue myself in the meanwhile. Hope this is a compelling reason to ask this question.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.