Camera image doesn't appear same Iphone

This question has been addressed here:
But there’s no response to this thread yet and the response by @aalices references video.
Using the setting zoom: 0 (which is the default) my camera appears like this on expo:

However on my native Iphone it appears like this:

As you can see the iphone image shows a lot more of the surrounding area. How can I get expo to appear like my iphone camera does?

Following up on this, I notice that the view that’s given is the camera record view. How would one set it to regular camera view?

Hi

See this post from one of the Expo team members:

I’m not sure what “camera record view” vs. “regular camera view” are, but if you have more relevant info, please add it to the issue linked in the above post.

@wodin yes on the device (iphone) when you open the camera you have options one being the camera you use to record a video and one used to take pictures. It appears that Expo is selecting the same view as the camera to record a video. On the Camera component in Expo there is no distinction between camera to record video and camera to take pictures. That is what i meant by camera record view and regular camera view.

OK. Thanks for updating the issue on GitHub.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.