Cannot upload to itunes connect, bundle ipa file missing icons

Hello Expo,

I have an ios build of a project created in Expo, I tried to submit to the app store but I have not been able to go past these errors:

ERROR ITMS-90022: “Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly ‘120x120’ pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0.”

ERROR ITMS-90023: “Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly ‘76x76’ pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0.”

how does one add these missing icons to the build ipa file from expo?

I have tried unpacking the ipa file and creating an assets dir inside the Payload folder and placing the icon files there, but this does not work as well.

I now have a different error:

ERROR ITMS-90174: “Missing Provisioning Profile - Apps must contain a provisioning profile in a file named embedded.mobileprovision.”

I am yet to certify if my first attemp with the assets folder inside the payload worked or not

Hi, our iOS builder will derive your bundle icons from the icon you have set in app.json/exp.json. Can you double check that you have an icon configured there, and that your icon is a square?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply, I have looked at the contents of the ipa Exponent.app file, I think I fixed the missing icons error, I added the icons and updating the info.plist.

But there is still this error:

ERROR ITMS-90174: "Missing Provisioning Profile - Apps must contain a provisioning profile in a file named embedded.mobileprovision.

The error is strange embedded.mobileprovision file exists, please what may be the cause of this error?

Thanks,

Ben Major.

The .app is signed after the build process in order to prove to Apple that it came from you. I don’t think it will work to open it up and modify the contents like that. Your new (modified) bundle won’t be signed correctly any more. So it’s better to get the icons configured correctly prior to running exp build.

@ben I got similar issue…

Q1. how do i make sure that my icon is a square ?
Q2. in the exp.json the path to icon i sjust for one icon, how do i make sure that expo is able to grab all the required icons for various screensizes ?

I used this tool to genrate the set of icon images.
http://apetools.webprofusion.com/tools/imagegorilla

Also I dont care about using the real icon, i just want my app to go successfully in teh app store. But I keep tgetting this error.

Heres my exp.json

{
“name”: “someapp”,
“description”: “soem app App”,
“slug”: “recherry”,
“privacy”: “public”,
“sdkVersion”: “17.0.0”,
“version”: “1.0.3”,
“orientation”: “portrait”,
“primaryColor”: “#cccccc”,
“icon”: “./assets/icons/app.png”,
“loading”: {