Can't create new certificates

I’m attempting to deploy an updated app, but it did not like the certificate that was there previously. So I ran expo bi -c and attempted to have Expo recreate the certs. It gives the following error:

We do not have some credentials for you: Apple Distribution Certificate, Apple Push Notifications service key, Apple Provisioning Profile
? How would you like to upload your credentials? Expo handles all credentials, you can still provide overrides
? Will you provide your own Apple Distribution Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
✖ Failed when trying to find previously uploaded Apple Distribution Certificate
_getCertData only takes strings and buffers.
Error: _getCertData only takes strings and buffers.
    at _getCertData (/@expo/xdl@56.1.1/src/detach/IosCodeSigning.js:44:11)
    at Object.findP12CertSerialNumber (/@expo/xdl@56.1.1/src/detach/IosCodeSigning.js:35:20)
    at /@expo/xdl@56.1.1/src/credentials/IosCredentials.js:43:41
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at formatDistCerts (/@expo/xdl@56.1.1/src/credentials/IosCredentials.js:42:20)
    at getExistingDistCerts (/@expo/xdl@56.1.1/src/credentials/IosCredentials.js:38:10)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:85:5)
    at _getExistingCreds (/expo-cli@3.0.2/src/commands/build/ios/credentials/prompt/promptForOverrides.js:89:27)
    at _askIfWantsToReuse (/expo-cli@3.0.2/src/commands/build/ios/credentials/prompt/promptForOverrides.js:66:25)
    at promptForOverrides (/expo-cli@3.0.2/src/commands/build/ios/credentials/prompt/promptForOverrides.js:35:24)
    at Object.prompt (/expo-cli@3.0.2/src/commands/build/ios/credentials/prompt/index.js:31:7)
    at IOSBuilder.produceMissingCredentials (/expo-cli@3.0.2/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.js:139:9)
    at IOSBuilder.prepareCredentials (/expo-cli@3.0.2/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.js:65:7)
    at IOSBuilder.run (/expo-cli@3.0.2/src/commands/build/ios/IOSBuilder.js:19:7)
    at IOSBuilder.command (/expo-cli@3.0.2/src/commands/build/BaseBuilder.js:54:7)

Any ideas?

This is the same problem as mentioned here

I fixed that manually on your account and proper fix will land in expo-cli soon. It should work for you now.

Thanks so much!

× Failed when trying to find previously uploaded Apple Push Notifications service key
Request failed with status code 500

Expo-cli 3.0.2, expo SDK 32.

Started happenning on Friday - I cannot make iOS builds.

i have the same problem :frowning:

I have the same problem.
Expo SDK 33, Expo CLI 3.0.4

× Failed when trying to find previously uploaded Apple Distribution Certificate
_getCertData only takes strings and buffers.
Error: _getCertData only takes strings and buffers.
    at _getCertData (C:\@expo\xdl@56.1.3\src\detach\IosCodeSigning.js:44:11)
    at Object.findP12CertSerialNumber (C:\@expo\xdl@56.1.3\src\detach\IosCodeSigning.js:35:20)
    at distCerts.map (C:\@expo\xdl@56.1.3\src\credentials\IosCredentials.js:43:41)
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at formatDistCerts (C:\@expo\xdl@56.1.3\src\credentials\IosCredentials.js:42:20)
    at getExistingDistCerts (C:\@expo\xdl@56.1.3\src\credentials\IosCredentials.js:38:10)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)

Any suggestions?

It fixed with Expo CLI 3.0.8.
npm install -g expo-cli

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.