I have an app that i need to move from managed to bare workflow due to some limitations.
I have followed along the short walkthrough on existing-expo-managed-workflow-apps.
I have tried running
yarn ios but it always result in the app getting stuck on the splash screen.
I have also tried manually starting react native with:
yarn start and then starting the app in Xcode/Android Studio with the same result.
When i ran
expo eject i got some warnings regarding “expo-camera”, “expo-image-picker” and “expo-splash-screen” but i fixed those.
Some things i have tried:
- Changing ports on the server and client
- Using a physical android device connected to the same wifi and via USB
- If i start the app with
expo starti got an error about some animation. I fixed that, and after, the app runs fine on the expo client.
When the app is waiting on the splash screen, and i press ‘r’/‘d’ in the bundler i get:
No apps connected. Sending “reload” to all React Native apps failed. Make sure your app is running in the simulator or on a phone connected via USB.
info Reloading app…
But if i shut down the react-native bundler the app will crash. So somehow they seem connected, just not fully.
When i run the app from Android studio i get some warnings in the logs, i’ll try to explain them as good as i can below.
First when i run i get this log link and i see this error
Java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library "libfbjni.so" not found
So after some googling i find that i should try changing SOLoader to
SoLoader.init(this, /* native exopackage */ true);
After that i encounter another error. link
Now i instead seem to get
E/SoLoader: couldn't find DSO to load: libjscexecutor.so result: 0 and i have yet to find a solution to that. I have gone through some issues on github (wasn’t allowed more than 2 links) regarding
./gradlew clean and some changes to
android/build.gradle but no success.
But i get a feeling that when i find a solution to that something else will be an issue.
I am starting to think that i have done something wrong from the start. I have tried to start over 3 times now and i come to the same halt.
I have also tried starting it on iOS but with the same result. So i thought i would try and get android going first since i have more experience with Android Studio/Java so i have not done as extensive testing on iOS.
Would be glad of any assistance!
If i missed any information I will of course supply it.