Can't install expo-cli, hangs on installing @expo/traveling-fastlane-linux@1.9.9

I’m trying to install expo-cli so I can complete a React tutorial https://facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/getting-started, but when I do so using npm install -g expo-cli, the installer hangs:

[ …] \ extract:@expo/traveling-fastlane-linux: sill extract @expo/traveling-fastlane-linux@1.9.9 extracted to C:\Users\edkol\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules.staging@expo\traveling-fastlane-linux-db114743 (362890ms)

This is the last message I get from the installer; then it just hangs and I’ve let it run over 15 minutes to no avail. How can I complete the installation of expo-cli so I can use React?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @ekolis am having the same problem please do you mind telling me how to solve it ?

I have same problem can you share solution?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Perhaps downloading the package failed and the local npm cache is now corrupt somehow? Can you try running npm cache verify and then install again?