Cant load application on phone. Stuck on splash screen with this error

Curious if anyone has any ideas on how to solve this problem. I’ve tried doing npm install -g expo-cli again but it still comes up with this anytime I start my application.

(node:8932) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Failed to start watch mode.
at Timeout._onTimeout (D:\CRP\getthesemuttsawayfromme\myapp\node_modules\jest-haste-map\build\index.js:935:24)
at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:531:17)
at processTimers (internal/timers.js:475:7)

(node:8932) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:8932) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
(node:8932) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Failed to start watch mode.
at Timeout._onTimeout (D:\CRP\getthesemuttsawayfromme\myapp\node_modules\jest-haste-map\build\index.js:935:24)
(node:8932) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 2)

Error: Failed to start watch mode.

Thank you for any help or ideas

Hey @charlespettis,

Can you try creating a new project via expo init and see if the error occurs as well?

Cheers,
Adam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.