Can't open project on IOS (mac user)

Hello !
I can’t open my first project on my iPhone : said me : The request timed out.
I’m already on the same WiFi.

Thank you

hi there! have you tried switching to a tunnel connection? do you see any logs in expo-cli when trying to connect?

notice this bit from the getting started guide (Create a new app - Expo Documentation):

I had tried in tunnel
Unfortunately, it doesn’t change anything, moreover when I click on tunnel, everything crashes, the terminal too. I have to do expo start --tunnel
(The error it gives me when I want to switch to local or tunnel, or even without doing anything after a few minutes, is this: Error: EMFILE: too many open files, watch
at FSEvent.FSWatcher._handle.onchange (internal/fs/watchers.js:127:28))

Hey @hugro, can you run expo diagnostics and share what is printed out in the console here?

EDIT: I had not installed watchman. Now its working fine

I am experiencing the same problems.

% expo diagnostics

Expo CLI 4.3.5 environment info:
    System:
      Shell: 5.8 - /bin/zsh
    Binaries:
      Node: 14.16.0 - /usr/local/opt/node@14/bin/node
      npm: 6.14.11 - /usr/local/opt/node@14/bin/npm
    IDEs:
      Xcode: /undefined - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
    npmGlobalPackages:
      expo-cli: 4.3.5
    Expo Workflow: managed

Error from npm run start:

user@Users-MBP app % npm run start

> @ start /Users/user/code/bon-app-it/app
> expo start

Starting project at /Users/user/code/bon-app-it/app
Developer tools running on http://localhost:19002
Opening developer tools in the browser...
Some dependencies are incompatible with the installed expo package version:
 - @expo/vector-icons - expected version range: ^12.0.0 - actual version installed: ^10.2.0
 - expo-constants - expected version range: ~9.3.3 - actual version installed: ^10.0.1
 - expo-secure-store - expected version range: ~9.3.0 - actual version installed: ^10.0.0
Your project may not work correctly until you install the correct versions of the packages.
To install the correct versions of these packages, please run: expo install [package-name ...]
Starting Metro Bundler

› Waiting on exp://192.168.2.1:19000
 › Scan the QR code above with Expo Go (Android) or the Camera app (iOS)

› Press a │ open Android
 › Press i │ open iOS simulator
 › Press w │ open web

› Press d │ show developer tools
 › shift+d │ toggle auto opening developer tools on startup (enabled)

› Press ? │ show all commands

Logs for your project will appear below. Press Ctrl+C to exit.
Error: EMFILE: too many open files, watch
    at FSEvent.FSWatcher._handle.onchange (internal/fs/watchers.js:178:28)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! @ start: `expo start`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the @ start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /Users/user/.npm/_logs/2021-04-10T17_34_29_964Z-debug.log

Output from npm install -g expo-cli

username@Users-MBP api-iam % npm install -g expo-cli
npm WARN deprecated @hapi/joi@17.1.1: Switch to 'npm install joi'
npm WARN deprecated @hapi/pinpoint@2.0.0: Moved to 'npm install @sideway/pinpoint'
npm WARN deprecated @hapi/formula@2.0.0: Moved to 'npm install @sideway/formula'
npm WARN deprecated @hapi/address@4.1.0: Moved to 'npm install @sideway/address'
npm WARN deprecated core-js@2.6.12: core-js@<3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated resolve-url@0.2.1: https://github.com/lydell/resolve-url#deprecated
npm WARN deprecated urix@0.1.0: Please see https://github.com/lydell/urix#deprecated
npm WARN deprecated chokidar@2.1.8: Chokidar 2 will break on node v14+. Upgrade to chokidar 3 with 15x less dependencies.
npm WARN deprecated fsevents@1.2.13: fsevents 1 will break on node v14+ and could be using insecure binaries. Upgrade to fsevents 2.
npm WARN deprecated joi@11.4.0: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated hoek@4.2.1: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated topo@2.0.2: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
/usr/local/bin/expo-cli -> /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/bin/expo.js
/usr/local/bin/expo -> /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/bin/expo.js

> fsevents@1.2.13 install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/watchpack-chokidar2/node_modules/fsevents
> node install.js

No receipt for 'com.apple.pkg.CLTools_Executables' found at '/'.

No receipt for 'com.apple.pkg.DeveloperToolsCLILeo' found at '/'.

No receipt for 'com.apple.pkg.DeveloperToolsCLI' found at '/'.

gyp: No Xcode or CLT version detected!
gyp ERR! configure error 
gyp ERR! stack Error: `gyp` failed with exit code: 1
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onCpExit (/usr/local/Cellar/node@14/14.16.0_1/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/configure.js:351:16)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:277:12)
gyp ERR! System Darwin 20.3.0
gyp ERR! command "/usr/local/Cellar/node@14/14.16.0_1/bin/node" "/usr/local/Cellar/node@14/14.16.0_1/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/watchpack-chokidar2/node_modules/fsevents
gyp ERR! node -v v14.16.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.1.0
gyp ERR! not ok 

> fsevents@1.2.13 install /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/node_modules/fsevents
> node install.js

No receipt for 'com.apple.pkg.CLTools_Executables' found at '/'.

No receipt for 'com.apple.pkg.DeveloperToolsCLILeo' found at '/'.

No receipt for 'com.apple.pkg.DeveloperToolsCLI' found at '/'.

gyp: No Xcode or CLT version detected!
gyp ERR! configure error 
gyp ERR! stack Error: `gyp` failed with exit code: 1
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.onCpExit (/usr/local/Cellar/node@14/14.16.0_1/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/configure.js:351:16)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:277:12)
gyp ERR! System Darwin 20.3.0
gyp ERR! command "/usr/local/Cellar/node@14/14.16.0_1/bin/node" "/usr/local/Cellar/node@14/14.16.0_1/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/node_modules/fsevents
gyp ERR! node -v v14.16.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v5.1.0
gyp ERR! not ok 

> core-js@2.6.12 postinstall /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/babel-runtime/node_modules/core-js
> node -e "try{require('./postinstall')}catch(e){}"

Thank you for using core-js ( https://github.com/zloirock/core-js ) for polyfilling JavaScript standard library!

The project needs your help! Please consider supporting of core-js on Open Collective or Patreon: 
> https://opencollective.com/core-js 
> https://www.patreon.com/zloirock 

Also, the author of core-js ( https://github.com/zloirock ) is looking for a good job -)

> core-js@3.10.1 postinstall /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/core-js
> node -e "try{require('./postinstall')}catch(e){}"

npm WARN @pmmmwh/react-refresh-webpack-plugin@0.3.3 requires a peer of react-refresh@^0.8.2 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

+ expo-cli@4.3.5
added 1805 packages from 793 contributors in 59.068s

EDIT: I had not installed watchman. Now it is working fine