Couldn't start project on Android:

I follow the exact instruction to install Genymotion emulator. After setting the path and can run adb from terminal. I got the message as follow.
///
Couldn’t start project on Android: Error running adb: No Android device found. Please connect a device and follow the instructions here to enable USB debugging:
https://developer.android.com/studio/run/device.html#developer-device-options. If you are using Genymotion go to Settings -> ADB, select “Use custom Android SDK tools”, and point it at your Android SDK directory.
///
any help?

Thanks

Are able to run exp android from terminal in the project root directory?

No. I just run it and show the message as follow:
/////
H:\GitProject\reactNative\aweson>exp android
[exp] Making sure project is set up correctly…
[exp] Your project looks good!
[exp] Couldn’t start project on Android: Error running adb: No Android device found. Please connect a device and follow the instructions here to enable USB debugging:
https://developer.android.com/studio/run/device.html#developer-device-options. If you are using Genymotion go to Settings -> ADB, select “Use custom Android SDK tools”, and point it at your Android SDK directory.
////////

I found one problem with VirtualBox failed to start for ? reason. That’s why I tried to remove first and reinstall again. It’s still not work. Is the Expo must run under Genymotion? can Expo run with Android studio virtual device?

Thanks,

OK. Fixed problem. I need to install latest VirtualBox version for Windows 10. That’s all I need. Old version like 5.0.xx will not work under Windows 10 lasted build.

Great, glad you figured it out

Hello. I’m having the same issue as described above despite having the latest version of Virtual Box. Followed the same steps. I’m on Mac. Many thanks for input on this.

I check the event log under windows 10 to find out which part of process is not working. Virtual box failed to start. So I google and check the web site for solution. I don’t know the Mac system has the event log function for you to isolate the problem.

Many thanks, will look into it.