CRNA + Expo push notification?

Hi all,

I am new to React Native development and been working on an app that can receive push notifications for my company.

I used create-react-native-app to bootstrap starting code and I’m using the Expo app to run the React Native project onto my device through scanning the QR code generated by npm start command.

I read through Expo Push Notifications documentation and I read this:

Expo push notifications are supported only in standard Expo projects. They are not supported in detached apps nor with create-react-native-app.

However, on this thread, poster says you can use Expo Push Notifications for an app bootstrapped with CRNA as long as you are running it on XDE or exp… Which I assume I am since I am running my CRNA app using the Expo Client app?

If I deploy my CRNA app, will Expo Push Notifications still work then?

1 Like

The Expo push notification service is supported only for non-detached apps run with the Expo tools and not CRNA.

0 Likes

So even though the Expo push notification works now for my CRNA, if I tried deploying the app into Google play/App store, it won’t work there, right?

0 Likes

We support push notifications only for actual Expo projects. So even if notifications unintentionally happen to work with CRNA, they may stop working at any time. We recently deployed a change to make this clearer by not providing push tokens to non-Expo projects.

0 Likes

Migrating CRNA project to Expo

So if I bootstrap my project using create-react-native-app and then run it with exp start I should be fine?

1 Like

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes