currentlyFocusedField is deprecated: Expo 39

Expo 39
IOS: 13.7

I just upgraded from 38 to 39 and I am now receiving this error on IOS:

currentlyFocusedField is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use currentlyFocusedInput
- node_modules/react-native/Libraries/LogBox/LogBox.js:148:8 in registerError
- node_modules/react-native/Libraries/LogBox/LogBox.js:59:8 in errorImpl
- node_modules/react-native/Libraries/LogBox/LogBox.js:33:4 in console.error
- node_modules/expo/build/environment/react-native-logs.fx.js:27:4 in error
- node_modules/react-native/Libraries/Components/TextInput/TextInputState.js:39:4 in currentlyFocusedField
* http://192.168.4.30:19001/node_modules/expo/AppEntry.bundle?platform=ios&dev=true&minify=false&hot=false:176847:90 in <unknown>
- node_modules/react-native/Libraries/vendor/emitter/EventEmitter.js:189:10 in emit
- node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/MessageQueue.js:416:4 in __callFunction
- node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/MessageQueue.js:109:6 in __guard$argument_0
- node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/MessageQueue.js:364:10 in __guard
- node_modules/react-native/Libraries/BatchedBridge/MessageQueue.js:108:4 in callFunctionReturnFlushedQueue
* [native code]:null in callFunctionReturnFlushedQueue

currentlyFocusedField is deprecated. the warning message is correct.

if you’re not calling this directly, a library that you are using is. eg: if you’re using react-navigation, see Expo 39 and React navigation Error

Thank you for replying.

Is there any way to get a longer backtrace, the above is all I am getting.

I do run react-navigation but at "@react-navigation/stack": "^5.9.0" which should no longer have the issue.

Cheers!

i’m not sure why you’re not seeing a longer stack trace. try opening up the warning inside of the app and seeing if you get more information

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.