Custom repeat in local notifications scheduling options?

Is there a workaround to make a local notification repeat only on specified days? Easy example would be a notification every day at 7am in the morning, except for Saturday and Sunday.

Hey @danielbaars sorry if this is a stupid question, but:

Looking at our notifications docs, we provide: Expo.Notifications.scheduleLocalNotificationAsync(localNotification, schedulingOptions) which seems to satisfy scheduling notifications at a time interval.

Source: https://docs.expo.io/versions/latest/sdk/notifications.html#exponotificationsschedulelocalnotificationasynclocalnotification-schedulingoptions

Does this API provide what you need? If not, do you have an idea of what kind of API that would make your life a lot easier? We are totally open to suggestions and ideas for improvement.

Thanks for writing in about this.

Hi @jimmylee, thanks for your reply!

Perhaps I’m reading the docs wrong but it doesn’t seem possible to make exceptions on the schedulingOptions. In my example, the notifications would repeat every day of the week (repeat: ‘day’) and there is no way to specify that they shouldn’t on Saturday and Sunday. Or is there?

2 Likes

any updates on this issue? can we get Interval option for iOS like you implemented for Android?

For the moment what you can do is scheduling different ‘weekly’ notifications for all the day you need.

@danielbaars did you solve the problem? If yes, how did you do it? I also have the same problem. Please help! Thanks!

I’ve been struggling with local notifications for 3 months. Could you let us know if you’ve had any luck?

See my post here: how to use "export interface CalendarNotificationTrigger" - #10 by charliecruzan