Data cached for standalone app after opening published app on Expo

Just to make things clear, the published app on Expo is of Dev stage, using different API endpoint and thus retrieving data which should be different from the standalone app that is of Prod stage.

I have list of items displayed on one of the screen of the app, something like this:

APP
===
[ [picture 1] [title 1] ]
[ [picture 2] [title 2] ]
[ [picture N] [title N] ]

Before opening the published app, I opened the standalone app, it displays the production stage data which is expected e.g.:

STANDALONE APP
===============
[ [prod_picture 1] [prod_title 1] ]
[ [prod_picture 2] [prod_title 2] ]
[ [prod_picture N] [prod_title N] ]

Which then I go and check out the published app, which displays the development stage data, which is also expected e.g.:

PUBLISHED APP
==============
[ [dev_picture 1] [dev_title 1] ]
[ [dev_picture 2] [dev_title 2] ]
[ [dev_picture N] [dev_title N] ]

Everything looks good! However when I quit the published app and reopen the standalone app, the standalone app is now showing development stage data, which is not expected e.g.:

STANDALONE APP
===============
[ [dev_picture 1] [dev_title 1] ]
[ [dev_picture 2] [dev_title 2] ]
[ [dev_picture N] [dev_title N] ]

I had tried to force close both apps and try to open the standalone app, but the standalone app now keeps displaying development stage data.

I suspect that Expo cached some of the data in the device local memory, but I’m not sure. How can I prevent this?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.