Datepicker does not apply the old spinner view in standalone app

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 38
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS 14+

Not sure about posting it here but I’ll try in case the community has already figured it out.

I got a problem with @react-native-community/datetimepicker
It all worked fine until the new iOS version have been released. There’s a new date picker style that is broken on managed workflow under 38th SDK. Essentially, I have a component:

<DateTimePicker
                    testID="dateTimePicker"
                    timeZoneOffsetInMinutes={0}
                    value={currentValue}
                    mode="date"
                    is24Hour={true}
                    display="spinner"
                    onChange={onChange}
                />

It shows the good old spinner in the emulator which runs 14.2, but after building a standalone app, all the styles are broken, and “inline” is used.

It also is mentioned here: Bug with datetimepicker in ios 14 (local env) · Issue #11126 · expo/expo · GitHub
and here: Different UI on iOS 14 · Issue #285 · react-native-datetimepicker/datetimepicker · GitHub

I tried all the “clear cache” stuff from those topics, but it did not help.
Has anyone any solution for that issue in managed workflow for expo 38? Why could it work differently on Emulator and on a real device running the same iOS version (14.2)?

So today the emulator client asked for an update and after updating, it shows the same for emulator and standalone app, but still the spinner style DP does not work

@unit37akasrd - I don’t think that the version of @react-native-community/datetimepicker used in sdk-38 supports the customization that you want - iOS 14 support didn’t exist until SDK 39 and the associated version of @react-native-community/datetimepicker - 3.0.0: Release v3.0.0 · react-native-datetimepicker/datetimepicker · GitHub - notice:

support preferredDatePickerStyle in iOS 14

The reason that you would have seen the old style picker in the client previously is that the version of Expo client that you were building at the time was built with Xcode 11, and so it would not default to the new spinner. You will need to upgrade to SDK 39 or 40 in order to fix this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.