Deployed app crashing... are any logs/debugging info available?

Having an issue with a native react app (probably related to firebase but I’m guessing). Locally the app works for most people, but the version that we’ve deployed to expo is crashing repeatedly on a transition to a new form. Is there anyway to see any logging that might be happening with the deployed version?

I probably just missed something in the docs, but I haven’t found anything. I’d be quite happy to get a link to the debug system.

I’m really hoping this doesn’t become a comment things out until it works scenario. :frowning:

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hey @360vitals,

The best approach here is run your project via expo start --no-dev --minify which will replicate the bundle that is served in production. As well, connecting a device and checking device logs usually exposes more pertinent information regarding crashes.

Cheers,

Adam

1 Like

Thanks we tracked down the error this way. Something about 5.5.5 firebase so we reverted to 5.5.0, regardless your testing tip got us to the answer we need.

Thanks again

1 Like

Okay… so I did that and it solved my problem but I can’t figure out how to get back into dev mode.

expo start

Still logging to the command shell, no shake to open dev webpage etc. How do I go back to the way things were.

:frowning_face:

0 Likes

Hey @360vitals,

You can pass --dev to expo start or you can toggle it via the switch component in the web page that is opened up via the expo CLI.

0 Likes

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes