Dismissing notifications with custom notification action

1. SDK Version: 40
  2. Platforms: Android

Goal:

• I want to use custom actions for dismissing notifications so that I can see if the notification did work or did not work for the user (as flicking away notifications doesn’t give me any information about that)

two problems I have:

• it seems that when a custom action is clicked the app has to be opend or in background to do something - my workaround for that right now is use the useLastNotificationResponse hook the next time the app is opened, to get at least the last interaction while the app was killed, but how can I get all interactions that happened in between?
  • and when clicking on custom actions the notifications are not dismissed even if autoDismiss is set to true - especially a problem when the app is killed because then I cannot use dismissNotificationAsync to dismiss it manually

I read throught the documentation and tried different things, but I coudn’t find any solution for this, so I would be very grateful for any suggestions and remarks on how to solve this.
Thanks in advance for your help! :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.