Display Picture via Base64 obtained from ImagePicker.launchCameraAsync

Hi,

I have a small problem, and I don’t know if it’s a bug in Expo or if I’m doing anything wrong.
The problem is as follows:
I have an app that takes pictures and sends their base64-data via Firebase Realtime Database to a desktop app for editing purposes. On the app itself, you can still see these images and edit them too. I’m displaying the images by passing the base64-string to their source property, so I can always see the last edited version of the image.
BUT, this is where the problem is, on iOS-devices, I can see the images in my list after taking them with the camera without a problem. However, on Android, I see a blank image. On the desktop-app, I also see all the images without a problem. There is also an option to select images from the image-library, I also display these by passing the base64-string to the source property and they display on all devices without a problem.
Images that I edited on the desktop-app and that came from the Android-camera, display normally on the Android device after editing.

Does anyone know why I can’t seem to display an image by it’s base64-string taken from an android device camera via the Expo ImagePicker?

Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.