eas build --platform ios issue - Git exited with non-zero code: 128

Hey there,

I am trying to create my first eas build and may just be missing something but whenever I run eas build --platform ios, all the credentials are prepared successfully, and then I just receive an error stating: ‘Error: git exited with non-zero code: 128’ and nothing else.

eas --version:
eas-cli/0.17.0 win32-x64 node-v12.18.3

Output after eas build --platform ios

eas.json:
{

“builds”: {

"android": {

"release": {

"workflow": "managed",

"env": {

"API_URL": ""

}

}

},

"ios": {

"release": {

"workflow": "managed",

"env": {

"API_URL": ""

}

}

}

}

}

Diagnostics:
Expo CLI 4.5.2 environment info:
System:
Binaries:
Node: 12.18.3 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.EXE
Yarn: 1.22.5 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yarn\bin\yarn.CMD
npm: 6.14.6 - C:\Program Files\nodejs\npm.CMD
IDEs:
Android Studio: Version 4.0.0.0 AI-193.6911.18.40.6514223
npmPackages:
expo: ~41.0.1 => 41.0.1
react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-dom: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-41.0.0.tar.gz => 0.63.2
react-native-web: ^0.16.3 => 0.16.3
Expo Workflow: managed

Hi

I suspect you do not have your code in a Git repository? As far as I know, EAS requires that.

Hello, I do, it’s in an Azure DevOps repos. I’m authenticated with this machine through GitHub desktop to that repos and everything git side with the repos outside of expo is working as expected

We run a couple of Git commands before and during the build. If you can try them out on your machine, you might be able to trace the failing git command. We probably need to add more logging to help to debug this.

1. Detecting if Git is installed
    $ git --help
  2. Does the project belong to a Git repository
    $ git rev-parse --git-dir
  3. Are there uncommitted changes
    $ git status -s -uall
  4. Copy the repository to a temporary folder, to prepare a tarball to use
    $ git clone --no-hardlinks --depth 1 <GIT_PATH> <TEMP_PATH>
    Where:
    • GIT_PATH is the full path of your repository, e.g. C:/Users/AUser/Documents/Project
    • TEMP_PATH is a temporary created path, using a folder name of <uuid>-shallow-clone

After these Git commands we create a tarball of the cloned shallow repo and send it to our servers to build your app. Let me know if you can try this out and/or running into an issue with either one of these commands!

I attempted to run all these commands and then all ran without an error but 4 had a warning.

1. returned: standard help output
  2. returned: .git
  3. returned: nothing
  4. returned:
    Cloning into ‘C:\Test’…
    warning: --depth is ignored in local clones; use file:// instead.
    done.

Not sure it would cause any issues by my repos name does have %20’s in the name where spaces were used on creation: i.e: C:\Git\My%20Test%20Repos\

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.