Ejected Expo App Android Theme

I’m trying to change the colour of the text selection controls in an ejected Expo app.

<style name="ExponentEditText" parent="@android:style/Widget.EditText">
    <item name="colorControlNormal">@color/ptsPrimaryColor</item>
    <item name="colorControlActivated">@color/ptsPrimaryColor</item>
    <item name="colorControlHighlight">@color/ptsPrimaryColor</item>
  </style>

For some reason, the control remains the default Android teal colour.

I’ve even tried setting the colorAccent:

<style name="Theme.PTS" parent="Theme.AppCompat.Light.NoActionBar">
    <item name="colorPrimary">@color/ptsPrimaryColor</item>
    <item name="android:windowBackground">@color/ptsPrimaryColor</item>
    <item name="colorAccent">@color/ptsPrimaryColor</item>
    <item name="editTextStyle">@style/ExponentEditText</item>
  </style>

Still no luck.

Seems overriding <color name="accent_material_light">#54B7E1</color> has done the trick.

I’m still very lost with how to theme Android builds. I know this isn’t really the place to be asking, since you know, this is a forum for Expo. I guess it would be nice to have a section in the documentation on post Expo life.

Understanding the AndroidManifest.xml file would be a good topic. I don’t understand the difference between .experience.ExperienceActivity, .experience.ShellAppActivity, .MainActivity and .experience.HomeActivity

Glad you got it figured out, @rickysullivan.

As for your suggestion on having docs for post-Expo life, I fear that would cause the documentation to become far too superfluous as there really isn’t a clear boundary as to what falls under post-Expo. Trying to accommodate for everything and anything you experience after ejecting would be too grand of an undertaking for us.

Cheers,

Adam

Understandable. I guess my point was more about what makes ExpoKit different from a stock RN app. For example the activities in the AndroidManifest.xml.

Do you have any information you can pass on about the activities?

For the life of me I can’t figure out what each of them do :frowning:.

Thanks for the good work.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.