Error building for ios

Hi there,

We’re getting the following error when building for iOS. This is the first time we’ve done this so it’s not like it stopped working on something. It’s never worked. We’ve confirmed the certificate, key and provisioning profile are all together in our apple dev account. Not sure what else to check and the error says to post here as you guys have more detailed logs in the background you can look at.

Please assist. The build is at https://expo.io/builds/43d36220-1f63-41f0-ba26-0ec95f233543

Error: _getCertData: couldn’t find cert bag
at _getCertData (/usr/local/turtle-js/node_modules/xdl/build/detach/IosCodeSigning.js:259:11)
at _genP12CertFingerprint (/usr/local/turtle-js/node_modules/xdl/build/detach/IosCodeSigning.js:233:20)
at Object. (/usr/local/turtle-js/node_modules/xdl/build/detach/IosCodeSigning.js:13:25)
at Generator.next ()
at step (/usr/local/turtle-js/node_modules/xdl/build/detach/IosCodeSigning.js:230:191)
at /usr/local/turtle-js/node_modules/xdl/build/detach/IosCodeSigning.js:230:361
at

Kind of at a dead end here. Anyone from expo can assist pleeeeease? :smile:

Hey @lanman2000,

Sorry about that issue. Could you provide a few more details so that I can try to re-create the issue? Please include the SDK version you’re using, process you followed that ended up with this error, and the full error message if you can.

Also, you mentioned that you’re getting this error when building for iOS, does that mean you can build for Android successfully? or you have only tried build:ios so far?

Thanks!

Hi Charlie,
Thanks for responding!! Much appreciated. Here are the details you requested:

1. SDK version is 32.0.0

2. Build command i used was:
    expo bi -c --config app.json --release-channel qaenv
    Then i enter my apple developer account username and password.
    Then selected the option “I will provide all the credentials and files needed”
    Then provided the full local path to my P12 file
    Then provided the password for my P12 file
    Then provided the full local path to my P8 file
    Then entered the Key ID
    Then provided the full local path to my .mobile provisioning profile file.
    Then the build runs and eventually fails with the error noted in my OP. The last try is here btw:
    https://expo.io/builds/9c5a27c9-f925-4a0b-a04a-d5775f9f1b74

3. Yes we are able to build the apk for android. The error is related to the apple distribution certificate which is why the IOS build is failing.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.