ERROR ITMS-90045: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements

Hi
Im very new to react native and expo but Ive managed to get an app working well through the expo app but when I go to deliver via xcode my app that I generated from expo i get this message below. Ive google everywhere but Im really struggling.

ERROR ITMS-90045: “Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle’s signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, key ‘com.apple.developer.user-fonts’ in ‘Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/ExpoKitApp’ is not supported.”

Any help would be most appreciated.

Hey @accounts-topictechno,

What version of Xcode are you running? My guess is you’ll need to update to a newer version, specifically a 10+ version.

Cheers,
Adam

Hi
Im using xcode version 10.2.1

I generated the build on my windows machine running expo and used expo build:ios there. I then downloaded it on my macbook and tried to add deliver it there.

HI
So I installed expo and all relavent programs on a new install mac and created a blank app with just some plain etxt. Managed to build it ok using expo build:ios and everything went great. I then used the expo upload:ios and entered my apple id and pw and it started doing it magic. After several minutes I recieve the same message as before

ERROR ITMS-90045 : “Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle’s signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on iOS. Specifically, key ‘com.apple.developer.user-fonts’ in ‘Payload/ExpoKitApp.app/ExpoKitApp’ is not supported.”

Im really stumped as Ive created the IPA on 2 different machines and having the same issues

Jon

same error with us, please fix it… or guid us how to fix it. same scenario as above mentioned

Can you two try revoking your provisioning file and generating a new one?

1 Like

Can you please provide instructions on how to revoke and generate a provisioning file?

For sure! You can run expo build:ios --clear-provisioning-file and then the next time you run expo build:ios it will prompt you to generate a new one. Remember you can pass the --no-publish flag to build commands if you don’t want to push out an OTA update during the process.

I’m still having this error. There is not much documentation about this, can you please provide further instructions on how to solve this?

You’re still encountering the error after running the commands I mentioned or you encountered issues running said commands?

both, please provide a fix, out business is on hold, please help us out.

Edit:
I was having this issue too, if I tried creating a new ios app from a good expo build, deleting & clearing provisioning profile, still see the user-fonts entitlement error.

What worked for me was editing my App ID Configuration Sign In - Apple and disabling fonts, then running expo build:ios --clear-provisioning-file , expo upload:ios again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.