Error message on Android phone when starting app

I’ve just updated to v34 from v32 following the upgrade guides. Now when trying to run my app with my android phone I get:

08-14 19:46:12.688  2520  2520 E ExperienceActivity: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'host.exp.exponent.j host.exp.exponent.j.b(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object[])' on a null object reference
08-14 19:46:12.691  1368  2091 E ActivityTrigger: activityResumeTrigger: not whiteListedhost.exp.exponent/host.exp.exponent.experience.ExperienceActivity/115
08-14 19:46:12.704  1368  2091 E ActivityTrigger: activityResumeTrigger: not whiteListedhost.exp.exponent/host.exp.exponent.experience.ExperienceActivity/115

I’m using expo cli tool, running with expo start -c. I tried already removing node_modules and reinstalling the whole app.

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!

Hey @ramadis,

Just to clarify, is this a Managed or an ExpoKit project?

Cheers,
Adam

It’s a managed app. We looked into it and it was an outdated react version installed within our dependencies. So force-upgrading to the correct version did the trick. Thanks for your help!

Happy to hear you got it solved!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.