Error message when trying to inspect element

Hi.

I’m receiving the error in the screenshot below ('Expected to find exactly one React Native renderer on DevTools hook) when toggling the element inspector via expo in the simulator.

I’ve tried restarting etc. to no avail. Not sure where this error came from & haven’t been able to track down a relevant thread via google.

Any ideas?

EDIT / RESOLUTION:
The error was the result of installing & importing ‘react-dom’ as a module. By doing so it attached a second renderer to the inspector. Uninstalled & all back to normal.

is this on both android and iOS?

Feel free to go ahead and close this. The error was the result of installing & importing ‘react-dom’ as a module. By doing so it attached a second renderer to the inspector. Uninstalled & all back to normal.

1 Like

What if I need ‘react-dom’?

Why would you need react-dom in a react native project? :thinking:
React-dom is for browser use, react native is for react native projects.

I’m using ant design mobile and it has a dependency on react-dom. I’ve figured out the problem with my project, it was because I changed the name field in package.json, and somehow it broken iOS, I changed it back and it worked. I searched for a while and didn’t find the reason behind it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.