Error: The Expo push notification service is supported only for Expo projects. Ensure you are logged in to your Expo developer account on the computer from which you are loading your project.

Hello,

I have the following error in my Expo client when opening my project :

Error: The Expo push notification service is supported only for Expo projects. Ensure you are logged in to your Expo developer account on the computer from which you are loading your project.

I’m logged in via the CLI (with the exp login command).

Best regards,

5 Likes

Getting the same error.

Seems to work again…

[Edit]
Has worked four a couple hours… Now i’m getting the same error again ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry I can’t remember the other thread I saw, but I believe that push notifications in CRNA (Create React Native App) apps are not necessarily supported and if they worked in the past it was a coincidence. Not sure the validity of that statement or not.

However, to get this working I changed my npm start task to be npx exp start and I no longer saw the error. Guessing that changed the exp version being referenced and my have fixed some things. If someone more knowledgeable sees this, feel free to correct my statements.

2 Likes

This works for me. Simply:

npm install -D exp

and in your start script in package.json, like:

"scripts": {
  "start": "exp start"
}
1 Like

After re-opening my create react native app project (currently expo 27) after a couple of months, I too am getting this. Haven’t changed anything.

exp login says I am logged in fine

Anyone have any ideas?

What command are you using to run your project and what does scripts.start in your package.json say?

was using react-native-scripts start but exp start also doesn’t work

I get this same issue, I have confirmed I am logged in and have tried both react-native-scripts start but exp start but I still get the error

exp start seems to work for me… Thanks!

For any folks reading this and still getting the error message after running exp start, make sure to login with your Expo account on the computer you run the exp start command from.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.