Event.js: 174 Error: EPERM

Hi, I´m new in expo React Native and in app developing. I have been seeing this error in my project and it happens even when I´m not changing my code and I don´t know what it means.

events.js:1
Error
20:27

throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event

^

Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, lstat ‘C:\Users\jorge\React\Proyecto2\node_modules.staging\nan-6c391f1c\tools’

Emitted ‘error’ event at:

at NodeWatcher.<anonymous> (C:\Users\jorge\React\Proyecto2\node_modules\sane\src\node_watcher.js:291:16)

at callback (C:\Users\jorge\React\Proyecto2\node_modules\graceful-fs\polyfills.js:295:20)

at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:153:21)

This means that Windows is not allowing access to the file. This could be for a number of different reasons, but is probably because something else is locking the file(s) at the time that the watcher tries to access it/them.

According to some Google searches for “windows eperm lstat” this could potentially be caused by VS Code or antivirus. Perhaps tell your antivirus to ignore the directory that your project is in. If this doesn’t help, maybe have a look through some of the Google results to see if one of them helps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.