exp build:ios -c fails to create a distribution certificate and provisioning profile

Hello, I am trying to build a stand alone ios app. My developer account has no certificates or provisioning profiles (I have cleared them all out). I want to let Expo generate them for me however without error it fails to create a distribution cert, successfully creates a push cert, and then fails to create the provisioning profile and the following error is printed.

After running I can see the push cert in my developer account but thats it.

exp version is 57.2.1
expo sdk version is 31

? Will you provide your own Distribution Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
? Will you provide your own Push Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
[13:22:11] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[13:22:11] Error: Reason:No cert available to make provision profile against, raw:"Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
[13:22:11] Reason:No cert available to make provision profile against, raw:"Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
[13:22:11] Error: Reason:No cert available to make provision profile against, raw:"Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
    at IOSBuilder._throwIfFailureWithReasonDump (/exp@57.2.1/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:630:13)
    at IOSBuilder._callee6$ (/exp@57.2.1/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:334:10)
    at tryCatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:62:40)
    at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:296:22)
    at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:114:21)
    at step (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:28:13
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/next_tick.js:81:5)

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Hey @kikoda-cura,

The exp CLI has long since been replaced by the expo-CLI can you install that and try running the commands again with the expo command rather than exp command?

Cheers,

Adam

Thanks for the reply. I installed the new expo-cli and ran “expo build:ios -c” again. The same thing happened unfortunatley. A push cert was generating in my account, but the rest failed. Here is the output:

[09:02:21] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[09:02:21] Error: Reason: No cert available to make provision profile against, raw: "Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
[09:02:21] Reason: No cert available to make provision profile against, raw: "Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
[09:02:21] Error: Reason: No cert available to make provision profile against, raw: "Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
    at IOSBuilder._throwIfFailureWithReasonDump (/expo-cli@2.7.0/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:679:13)
    at IOSBuilder._throwIfFailureWithReasonDump (/expo-cli@2.7.0/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:357:10)
    at tryCatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:62:40)
    at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:296:22)
    at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:114:21)
    at step (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:28:13
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/next_tick.js:81:5)

Hi, I see that you are using version 2.7.0 can you check if the same problem shows up on latest version?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.