exp build:ios -c fails to create a distribution certificate and provisioning profile

Hello, I am trying to build a stand alone ios app. My developer account has no certificates or provisioning profiles (I have cleared them all out). I want to let Expo generate them for me however without error it fails to create a distribution cert, successfully creates a push cert, and then fails to create the provisioning profile and the following error is printed.

After running I can see the push cert in my developer account but thats it.

exp version is 57.2.1
expo sdk version is 31

? Will you provide your own Distribution Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
? Will you provide your own Push Certificate? Let Expo handle the process
[13:22:11] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[13:22:11] Error: Reason:No cert available to make provision profile against, raw:"Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
[13:22:11] Reason:No cert available to make provision profile against, raw:"Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
[13:22:11] Error: Reason:No cert available to make provision profile against, raw:"Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
    at IOSBuilder._throwIfFailureWithReasonDump (/exp@57.2.1/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:630:13)
    at IOSBuilder._callee6$ (/exp@57.2.1/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:334:10)
    at tryCatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:62:40)
    at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:296:22)
    at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:114:21)
    at step (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/exp/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:28:13
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/next_tick.js:81:5)

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

0 Likes

Hey @kikoda-cura,

The exp CLI has long since been replaced by the expo-CLI can you install that and try running the commands again with the expo command rather than exp command?

Cheers,

Adam

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I installed the new expo-cli and ran “expo build:ios -c” again. The same thing happened unfortunatley. A push cert was generating in my account, but the rest failed. Here is the output:

[09:02:21] Error while gathering & validating credentials
[09:02:21] Error: Reason: No cert available to make provision profile against, raw: "Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
[09:02:21] Reason: No cert available to make provision profile against, raw: "Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
[09:02:21] Error: Reason: No cert available to make provision profile against, raw: "Make sure you were able to make a certificate prior to this step"
    at IOSBuilder._throwIfFailureWithReasonDump (/expo-cli@2.7.0/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:679:13)
    at IOSBuilder._throwIfFailureWithReasonDump (/expo-cli@2.7.0/src/commands/build/IOSBuilder.js:357:10)
    at tryCatch (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:62:40)
    at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:296:22)
    at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:114:21)
    at step (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:17:30)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/expo-cli/node_modules/babel-runtime/helpers/asyncToGenerator.js:28:13
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/next_tick.js:81:5)
0 Likes

Hi, I see that you are using version 2.7.0 can you check if the same problem shows up on latest version?

0 Likes

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes