Exp detach Android; No config file specified.

Hi! When detaching my project via exp detach I get a “No config file specified” warning (See below).
As a result of this, the generated Android file seems to be incorrect.
When detaching I have tried: “exp detach”, and “exp detach --config ‘./app.json’” and both yielded the same result.
My app.json is as follows:

{
  "expo": {
    "name": "BarcodeProcessor",
    "sdkVersion": "27.0.0",
    "version": "1.0.0",
    "slug": "Barcode-Processor",
    "description": "Reads 2D Barcodes and inserts the respective data into an SQL database",
    "orientation": "portrait",
    "ios": {
      "bundleIdentifier": "com.MyCompany.BarcodeProcessor"
    },
    "android": {
      "package": "com.MyCompany.BarcodeProcessor"
    }
  }
}

That’s just a warning, it should be fine. Can you please give more information about what this means?

As a result of this, the generated Android file seems to be incorrect.

Hey sorry for the delay, what I mean by this is there is no android project created using the package name I specified (See folder layout below). I’ve never had to detach before so what’s confusing me is where I would place my java file to use as a native module. Would I create a new android studio project under src/main/java or would I place it somewhere in the already specified host/exp/exponent project?

Hey @michaelpanunto, that file layout is expected. The package name for the application is set in app/build.gradle.

I’ve never had to detach before so what’s confusing me is where I would place my java file to use as a native module.

Doesn’t really matter. You can create a new package if you want or put your files in the host.exp.exponent package.

Ah I see, all the guides I was using as reference seemed to be structured differently and never really went over it. Thanks for clearing that up!

What guides were you using? Were they in our docs?

Not from the docs, articles online regarding adding native modules to an app after detaching. I did look through the docs about detaching and it was quite helpful, I just never noticed any mention about what the structure should look like in them.

Honestly, I think this was mainly me confusing myself since it is a little different from what I’m used to.

Thanks for all your help

Ok thanks!