[exp] There was an error publishing your project. Please check for any warnings

Edit: despite my change attempts and conversation with myself, below… I still have the same error with no explanation.

I have an issue publishing from command line. I haven’t changed code. I am currently using exp version 47.4.0.

This is a detached app. Publishing has worked before. Publishing with XDE but my publish command involves env vars, release-channels and clearing the cache. So, I’d rather use command line.

This is what I see…

[exp] There was an error publishing your project. Please check for any warnings.
[exp] Set EXPO_DEBUG=true in your env to view the stack trace.
error Command failed with exit code 1.

No warnings, so I’m not sure what I’m supposed to look for.

I got farther by upgrading to 47.4.1.

Lesson learned: Don’t upgrade exp just bc exp publish warns you about upgrading. 47.4.0 was a mess. My Android apk became twice the size and I had all sorts of other issues.

Now I’m dealing with [exp] Error starting tunnel: XDLError: failed to start tunnel.

I spoke too soon. The build all finished but then the process hung. I assumed it was done and just didn’t want to tell me what my bundle URL was.

[exp] Error: read ECONNRESET is my error now.

Re-running… Tunnel connected this time.

Back to the original error… [exp] There was an error publishing your project. Please check for any warnings.

Hi-

It’s hard to help without seeing your code. Put a link to your project on Github and we can take a look at it if you want.

Can’t really do that right now. Do you know how to set EXPO_DEBUG=true so I can view the stack trace?

Google “how to set environment variable mac” or “how to set environment variable ubuntu” or “how to set environment variable windows” depending on what platform you’re on.

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.