Please provide the following:
- SDK Version: 36
- Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): iOS/Android
The RN version in at least Expo SDK 34 & 35 included some breaking issues (iOS) with the CameraRoll library and the RN version in 36 completely removed the library and broke it into a community package that requires linking. The community version seems to have fixes for the previous issues.
There are some limitations with the expo ImagePicker, primarily that users cannot select multiple photos, which is core to our apps functionality.
So I have a few questions around this:
- Is there any way to get the community CameraRoll package to work with expo
- If there is no way, is there a way to contribute to the CLI that would allow it to work work (an example of another RN community package that requires linking that has been integrated)
- Is the any plans to make the ImagePicker component support multiple images? Anywhere I can contribute?
- Has anyone else solved for some of the issues related to the CameraRoll library in the v34 & v36 SDK, primarily issues with iOS images being completely out of order. (I see fixing commits in the community package).