Expo 36 upgrade from cli, removes sdkVersion from app.json, why??

Please provide the following:

1. SDK Version: 36
  2. Platforms(Android/iOS/web/all): all

We’ve been having issues with the AppLoading component on Android and it appears that here were some breaking changes with components in our package.json. I ran the expo upgrade command on the existing install which updated v36 to v36 and it removed the sdkVersion from the app.json file. This fixed the AppLoading issue and now the app works, but the sdkVersion is not specified yet the documentation says it’s required. Very confused on how to move forward.

I added the sdkVersion back to the file, and it works as expected which is even more confusing. I noticed that a bunch of values in the package-lock file changed, where “resolved” was changes from “False” to “resolved”: “https://registry.npmjs.org/debug/-/debug-4.1.1.tgz”, where the package url changes based on the package being called. Very confusing, any explanation would be helpful, thanks

if the sdkVersion isn’t included in app.json it will be derived automatically from the expo package version in package.json. do you have any issues with the app if the sdkVersion isn’t in app.json?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.