Expo App effects IOS calendar crash

After an update of a native app created with expo the ios calendar app crashes from start at different ios devices. The app was updated from EXPO SDK version 35 to version 39 after a ios profile was out of date. The source of the app was updated via expo update. The app was build as archive and published to different devices via Meraki MDM system. The out dated profile was created by expo during the build process.

One of the effected devices is an IPad Pro 11 3.gen with IOS 14.2 OS Build 18B92.

Expo CLI 3.28.5 environment info:
System:
Shell: 3.2.57 - /bin/bash
Binaries:
Node: 14.0.0 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.0.0/bin/node
Yarn: 1.22.4 - /usr/local/bin/yarn
npm: 6.14.4 - ~/.nvm/versions/node/v14.0.0/bin/npm
SDKs:
iOS SDK:
Platforms: iOS 14.2, DriverKit 20.0, macOS 11.0, tvOS 14.2, watchOS 7.1
IDEs:
Android Studio: 3.6 AI-192.7142.36.36.6241897
Xcode: 12.2/12B45b - /usr/bin/xcodebuild
npmPackages:
expo: ^39.0.0 => 39.0.4
react: 16.13.1 => 16.13.1
react-native: https://github.com/expo/react-native/archive/sdk-39.0.3.tar.gz => 0.63.2
npmGlobalPackages:
expo-cli: 3.28.5
Expo Workflow: bare

Hey @stephan-dns, I want to make sure I’m understanding this correctly. You’re saying after upgrading one of your Expo apps, the iOS Calendar App (provided by Apple) crashes?

Cheers,
Adam

Hi adamjnav,

thanks for your reply.
yes - after an update of an expo app the calendar app crashes at two of 5 (known to me) devices - IPad Pro Gen3 and Gen2. I know that is a very unlikely event. And at the moment the calendar app is running ordenary again after a day at both devices. BUT - it is also unlikely coincidence that at two devices the calendar app crashes directly after the update and the calendar crashed never before. One of the both ipad users told me about an error message during the crash like “File xyz not found”. I dont have direct contact to the users at the moment, so that i could’nt read out the error log of the devices. Maybe i meet one of them in the next days - then i will post the error message of the device here.

Thanks and happy thanksgiving,
Stephan

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.