Expo bare project stuck up in splash screen | react-native-unimodules

I need to use, some packages from Expo with React-Native , So, I tried to use expo packages within vanila react native project by setting the react-native-unimodules. But I faced some warnings and error message as follows

WARN     The "UMNativeModulesProxy" native module is not exported through NativeModules; verify that @unimodules/react-native-adapter's native code is linked properly
 WARN     No native ExponentConstants module found, are you sure the expo-constants's module is linked properly?
 LOG      Running "react_bare_application" with {"rootTag":1461}
 ERROR    TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'NativeUnimoduleProxy.viewManagersNames')
 ERROR    TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'NativeUnimoduleProxy.viewManagersNames')

So I go for expo bare workflow application. It starts to run without any error message, but it stuck up at the Splash Screen . Please say any solution.

it looks like react-native-unimodules isn’t set up properly. try initializing a bare workflow project with expo init and comparing that with your project to see what is different

1 Like

Thank you so much @notbrent for your reply. Can you please say the difference between the following two.
1. creating a vanila react- native application and setting up the react-unimodules.
2. creating expo bare application.

in case (2) i know that we have done it right, whereas in case (1) it is possible that a developer doing it on their own has configured the project wrong :slight_smile: that’s all

1 Like

:sweat_smile: so there is no difference, right. So I go with Expo Bare workflow to create my application. But that is stuck up in the Splash Screen. How to solve this @notbrent

sorry i don’t understand the question :sweat_smile:

Thanks for asking, I create an expo bare application with expo init Myapp . Then I chose minimal bare template. Then I just run the code in android by react-native run-android. It is just being in splash screen. Not move into the application. But my App.js file consist the following thing,

import { StatusBar } from 'expo-status-bar';
import React from 'react';
import { StyleSheet, Text, View } from 'react-native';

export default function App() {
  return (
    <View style={styles.container}>
      <Text>Open up App.js to start working on your app!</Text>
      <StatusBar style="auto" />
    </View>
  );
}

const styles = StyleSheet.create({
  container: {
    flex: 1,
    backgroundColor: '#fff',
    alignItems: 'center',
    justifyContent: 'center',
  },
});

But my application is being at the initial splash screen only. I couldn’t find the screen which is showing Open up App.js to start working on your app! . @notbrent

could it be that you left the metro packager open from your previous app and so the android build is loading that js app?